Another important area to cover is how the board interacts with different groups connected to the school such as PTAs, community groups, English Learner Parent Advisory Committees as well as any other committees formed to provide input to the board.
- Who are we?
- What is our common ground?
- What is our purpose?
- What do we want to accomplish?
- To whom are we responsible?
- What legacy do we want to leave?
- Mindful of their governance role
- Carries out duties in a professional manner
- Focused on student achievement and district goals
- Comes to board meetings well prepared, knowing the topics and issues
- Systems thinker
- Deep learner who knows the topics and issues well
- Committed to their work
- Understand which subjects are confidential (i.e., subjects of closed session meetings)
Check back on the blog tomorrow to find out why new board members ran for their position!